Burnsiana: A Bibliography of the William R. Smith Collection in the Library of the Supreme Council, 33rd, S.J.
- New Castle, Delaware and Washington, D.C.: Oak Knoll Press and the Library of the Supreme Council, 33rd, S.J. 2008
- Marking the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns, this bibliography presents the unparalleled Burnsiana collection held by the Library of the Supreme Council of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, USA.
- It is the second largest compilation of Burns materials in the world, ranking only behind the collection maintained in The Mitchell Library in Glasgow, Scotland. The contents were compiled over a lifetime by William Robertson Smith.
- From a historical, biographical, informational and aesthetic perspective, the Burnsiana catalogue has no analog among currently existing bibliographies.
- Around 1200 entries are included, many of which are illustrated by the engravings of several generations of artists that provide an image of the Bard of Caledonia and the scenes of Scotland that he loved and that inspired his creativity.
- Also contains a biographic sketch entitled Robert BurnsFreemason written by Robert L. D. Cooper.
- This book is authored by Larissa P. Watkins and co-published by Oak Knoll Press and the Library of the Supreme Council.
- 8.5 in. x 11 in.
- 240 pages, hardcover
- ISBN 9781584562467
Scottish Rite Research Society membership discount will be applied at checkout